Joensuu Summer School on Optics 2019: eXpeRience your reality
August 19 @ 09:00 - August 30 @ 16:00
The Summer School eXpeRience your reality teach topics related to virtual and augmented reality glasses from theory to practice. Lectures include VR/AR/MR glass materials, displays, optical design, manufacturing, user interface, and applications. In workshops, we are offering participants hands-on approach into design and implementation of VR/AR learning environments, virtualization of production, VR/AR medical applications, eye recognition, SmartLab and much more. The Summer School consists of lectures from experts in the academic field as well as representatives of companies and hands-on workshops.
- Lecture: Irina Livshits(ITMO University): Optical design in the context of VR/AR glasses
- Lecture: DispelixJuuso Olkkonen: Diffractive waveguides for AR displays, introduction to AR displays, principals of the diffractive photoconductor
- Lecture: Steven LaValle(former chief scientist in, e.g., Oculus and Huawei VR/AR/MR): Human perception and its impact on VR/AR products and story of Oculus
- Lecture: Tapani Levola: (former Principal hardware engineer of Microsoft in Hololens project)
- Lecture: Bernard Kress:(Microsoft Hololens) Optical architectures and related technologies to enhance the visual experience and comfort in AR and MR headsets
- Lecture: Next GamesRiku Suomela (Mixed Reality Director) : AR technology meets game industry
- Lecture: Teemu Tiainen: Design and implementation of AR/VR learning environments
- Lecture: Karelia and University of Eastern Finland: Different manufacturing methods for optical components in AR/VR glasses
- Workshop: Microsurgery Center of Eastern Finland: VR/AR medical applications (Kuopio)
- Workshop: University of Eastern Finland: SmartLab
- Workshop: Karelia: Virtualization of production and business perspective
- Workshop: Riveria: Doing interactive teaching materials with 360 technique and visiting Riveria’s VR/AR learning environments
- Workshop: School of Computing: working in a brand-new AR/VR laboratory
And much more!
We reserve the right to make changes to the program during spring 2019.
The Summer School is organized in co-operation with the Department of Physics and Mathematics, UEF’s Summer School, Photonics Education in Joensuu –project and Photonics Finland National Cluster. The summer school is funded partly with the support of the European Regional Development Fund.’’