- This event has passed.
Optical Design Workshop
Optical Design Workshop will take place on 28th May 2018 in the main building of the University of Jyväskylä beginning the OPD2018.
The course will concentrate on typical designs of imaging and non-imaging optics in the photonics industries in the Nordic Countries. The course is intended for optical designers who are already familiar with the user interface of ZEMAX.
The participants are asked to bring their own computers and ZEMAX licenses with them. On registration companies could propose their priorities on the optical systems they would like to be discussed during the course. In this way we could address to the most relevant topics needed by the companies. The workshop will be held by Mika Aikio, who has worked for 14 years in the field of optical design.
The topics to be covered in the Workshop are roughly:
- Review of the physical fundamentals behind imaging and non-imaging optics
- Typical imaging optics structures
- Typical non-imaging optics structures and techniques
- Example design of an imaging objective
- Example design of a non-imaging optical systems
- The duration of the workshop is 8 hours, and the cost for a single participant is 450 €.
The duration of the workshop is 8 hours, and the cost for a single participant is 360 € + VAT 24 %. Registration is done in the same registration form as the registration for Optics & Photonics Days 2018 at https://www.conftool.com/opd2018/. Registration for OPD2018 is not required to attend the Optical Design Workshop but registration for both events can be done simultaneously.
For more information, please contact Lasse Orsila, firstname.lastname@example.org.