We are the most trusted partner imaging the unknown by creating foresight capabilities quicker to discover and prevent threats. Our solutions contribute to the improvement of people’s health and safety daily. With us You do work that truly matters.
We are a global provider of off-the-shelf and customized X-ray imaging solutions for medical, security and industrial applications. Our product portfolio ranges from photodiodes to complete detector systems with ASICs, electronics, mechanics, software and algorithms.
Our net sales totaled EUR 82 million in 2020. We have 330 active customers in over 40 countries. Detection Technology employs around 450 people in Finland, China, France and the US. The company’s shares are listed on the Nasdaq First North Finland market place.
We are looking for a skilled professionals to join our global team in Oulu or Espoo. We have immediate openings for two (2)
Senior Design Engineer, FPGA/ASIC
Are you interested to join a cutting-edge company and collaborate with an innovative team for the unique X-ray products? You will be part of global, innovative and customer focused organization working with multi-disciplinary teams through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development and detail design through qualification, manufacturing transition and production support.
We are looking for a two Senior FPGA/ASIC Designers to develop FPGA solutions for our detector systems with a respect to customer requirements and high performance and functional reliability targets. Depending on your skills, experience and personal preference we can adjust the role(s) having either hands-on technical leadership or designer responsibilities. You will be contributing in the electronics designs ranging from low cost high volume systems to highly scalable, rich featured smart detector products. Depending the role you will be also involved in your design area process and –environment development.
- – FPGA Design implementation process activities including HDL, simulations, synthesis & design verification
– Collaborate with SW, electronics and Verification & Validation Engineers to specify, implement and validate the product requirements with the optimal performance.
– Development of FPGA design and verification environment/tools, process, guidelines, rules and documentation by follow-up and applying the industry standards.
– Support company product concepting and road mapping by evaluating FPGA family selections and electronics readout platform architectures.
– Depending on the candidate’s experience and skills the position can be adjusted accordingly.
- – Proven proficiency and track record from FPGA/ASIC design for high speed real-time systems
– Excellent understanding of FPGA/ASIC design constraints and dependencies in modular architecture including vendor IP integrations.
– Proficiency in implementing communication interfaces between the device and host computer SW including the common standards, 1/10GE, Camera Link, USB 3.0 etc.
– Familiar with electronics design basics with a capability to perform signal measurements relevant to FPGA/ASIC design functionality
– Excellent team player with co-ordination and mentoring characteristics
– Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- – Intel/Altera/Quartus EDA tools
– Architecture definition experience for camera/video processing applications
– Experience in algorithms implementation
– Experience in embedded SW development
– Experience in team/project leading
We offer you a challenging position supported by our international team of professionals in a growing high-tech company, competitive salary and benefits. You will be reporting to the R&D Manager, Product Design and Development, and your location will be in Oulu or Espoo, Finland.
Please, feel free to contact us for more information from R&D Manager, Juha Sorvala, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +358400446627
We will start the interviews during the application period. We look forward to receiving your application including salary request and CV to email@example.com with subject “Senior Design Engineer, FPGA”. This application period is open until suitable candidates are found to both positions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org