Nanocomp is a global forerunner in micro- and nanophotonics design and manufacturing. The company is a privately held high technology company established in 1997 and it has two decades’ experience in global operations. Nanocomp focuses on the manufacturing of thin polymer film products for consumer electronics, laser sensing and special lighting sectors. The production is based on roll-to-roll (R2R) UV imprinting process, which is the most cost and time efficient method for mass production of film optics.
Nanocomp is looking for Optical Engineer to support and drive the development of leading-edge micro-optical components for illumination applications. In this role you will be primarily responsible for a prototype fabrication, in-depth analysis of manufactured optical components, planning and building of system level implementations, developing and executing optical measurements, and doing performance evaluations.
- R&D level optical measurements (e.g., photometer/ colorimeter)
- Verify performance to specifications by measurements
- Contribute to building proof of concept samples
- Generate prototypes for marketing and customers
- Interact with customers to provide expertise on technical issues
- Provide support for the quality team
- BS, MS, PhD in Optics, Physics or Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience with optical components
- Understanding of the basic optics principles
- Basic understanding of the display technologies
- Solid knowledge of optical test equipment and lab verification
- Hands-on type, self-directed and motivated person
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Good English language skills
- Fully computer literate (MS Teams/Word/Excel/Outlook)
Abilities that are considered an advantage
- Experience in working in a cleanroom environment
- Basic knowledge of color science
- Electronics understanding at a level to understand LED driving schemes and power efficiency
Job-related questions of an open position can be directed to CTO Dr Samuli Siitonen (cell. +358 40 550 2766).
Please send your application with salary request and CV by 23th Seb 2022 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the position in the e-mail subject field.
To apply for this job please visit www.nanocomp.fi.