Dispelix Oy is an internationally recognized company, specialized in augmented reality display modules and waveguides, with our own self-developed unique methods of making the best see-through displays available on the market. We were recently listed among the most promising startups in the world by Bloomberg, being the only company from Finland on the list. Dispelix Oy was founded 2015 and is a fast-growing company with 57 employees. We have four locations now including offices in Joensuu, Oulu, the headquarters in Espoo and Dispelix USA Inc in the United States.
Research Scientist in Espoo, Finland
Dispelix Oy is looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated researcher/programmer to develop diffractive waveguides for next generation see-through displays.
The successful candidate should have a good knowledge in at least one of the following: diffractive optics, electromagnetic theory, ray tracing, computational physics, numerical analysis, matrix analysis/computation, (numerical) optimization, mathematical analysis, problem solving, algorithm development, programming (e.g., C/C++, Python, Fortran, Matlab, assembler), or GPU computation / shader development. You will be working on and solving challenging problems independently and in collaboration with an enthusiastic team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and implementing new algorithms and optimization tools for optical system analysis.
- Researching new optical solutions for next-generation see-through optical waveguide displays.
- Programming server and GPU implementations of novel in-house algorithms.
- Researching the mathematics and numerical challenges of optical waveguides and diffractive optics.
- Providing design-side support for in-house and external prototyping and manufacturing efforts.
- Working with technicians and other engineers to integrate relevant theory for new waveguide designs, compile waveguide requirements, and coordinate design reviews.
We appreciate any of the following:
- A PhD degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related technical discipline.
- An ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Experience in diffractive optics design and optimization.
- Experience in electromagnetic theory and computation.
- 5+ years of experience in programming.
- Familiarity with parallel and/or GPU computing.
- Experience in algorithm development.
- Experience in optimization problems, their numerical solutions and algorithms.
- Knowledge of numerical analysis, matrix analysis and/or some other relevant mathematical discipline.
- Knowledge of basic optics, including illumination, imaging, physical and geometrical optics, polarization control, coherence theory, and colorimetry.
You should have the ability to work in a team and to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 15%).
We offer an exciting international work environment and a highly talented world-class team beside you. We encourage and support each person in our team to develop themselves for future challenges.
The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until February 14th 2021, or until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Apply in here https://dispelix.teamtailor.com/jobs/1043222-research-scientist
by sending your Cover Letter and compact CV and a salary request by February 14th 2021.
Juuso Olkkonen, email@example.com
Come and join our growing team on the leading edge of a rapidly growing augmented reality industry!
To apply for this job please visit www.dispelix.com.