The Senior Design Engineer, R&D will be responsible for designing and leading the tapeout and characterization of advanced Si Photonics devices and circuits, interfacing with the process team to implement new process modules, and support government funded projects and R&D research partner activities. This role involves design of advanced Si Photonic devices such as polarization rotators/splitters, mode converters, phase shifters, etc., as well as interfacing with the process team to implement new process modules and manage batches and quality.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Lead the research and development of advanced Si Photonics devices and circuits, including design of passive and active devices such as wavelength polarization rotators/splitters, mode converters, (de)multiplexors, grating couplers, and phase shifters. Define test and characterization plans, analyze data, and report results.
- Lead the research and development of new process modules required for advanced Si Photonic devices. Interface with process team to ensure device design and process specs meet application requirements. Manage R&D batches and quality.
- Support government funded R&D activities, act as technical liaison to partner government research lab, support University collaborations, and contribute to proposals as necessary.
- Support product development team with relevant design projects as necessary.
- Support the company core IP portfolio by authoring and contributing to invention disclosures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis in Photonics
- Minimum 3 years in Si Photonics or other PIC design
Experience with simulation and modelling of active, passive, and III-V photonic devices with relevant software (Lumerical, PhotonD, Synopsis/Rsoft/Phoenix, etc.)
- Experience with design, tape-out, and testing of PICs
- Experience with Si device fabrication (Photonics, MEMs, etc.)
- Organizational Values: Customers, Results, Innovation, Excellence, Teamwork
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Rockley is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Rockley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit rockleyphotonics.applytojob.com.