Photonics Finland is searching for an enthusiastic person for the role of project manager in business development projects.
Photonics Finland (PF) is the single point of contact for photonics ecosystem/network in Finland. PF is both scientific and industrial society. It has a strong commitment to promoting photonics for the general public and as well as linking photonics scientists, students and leading Universities and Research Institutes in Photonics to scientific organizations in European level and globally (referring to the International Commission for Optics ICO, Council of Finnish Academies). On the other hand, PF is also an industrial cluster with strong commitment from photonics industry (their corporate members) and links to other international clusters and projects (referring to EOS, EPIC, Photonics21, SPIE, EU projects).
PF supports the development of the photonics field from basic research to the deployment and market launch of products. PF develops new business and research opportunities related to photonics and helps to realize the full potential of the photonics industry in Finland in sectors such as health care, energy efficiency, safety, manufacturing, and sustainability.
To cover the increasing amount of work and projects, PF is looking to reinforce the team with a Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for the overall administration and management support of European union H2020 projects in Photonics development and / or will also actively contribute to the preparation of other project proposals and contribute to the current PF activities.
Main activities and responsibilities
In project administration and management:
- overall responsibility for the complete management of the project in close cooperation with the project coordinator;
- daily communication with national and international project partners;
- project progress monitoring;
- preparation and processing of technical and financial reports;
- maintenance and update of the project web page;
- organisation of teleconferences / project meetings / workshops / conferences and contributing to organization of “Photonics for” events and other PF’s activities.
In preparation of project proposals for research collaboration:
- monitoring of suitable European funding schemes and calls;
- structuring the proposals, reviewing the proposals;
- collecting and processing of information from partners;
- business analytical activities;
- responsibility for the complete preparation and writing of respective parts of the proposals.
- Master’s degree (Photonics field is an advantage);
- 3+ years of experience with project administration, management or projects proposal writing (EU projects or FP7 / H2020 projects are an advantage);
- fluent in English (both verbally and in written), Finnish is an advantage;
- good computer literacy and skills;
- strong communication (both oral and written in formal and informal), presentation and organisational skills;
- ability to work both in a team and independently;
- ability to work in multinational environment;
- ability to travel;
- knowledge of European and Finnish Photonics landscape is an advantage (FP7, H2020, Structural Funds etc.).
- the opportunity to develop team working skills by working in close collaboration with the broad photonics community;
- involvement and cooperation on the excellent European network with the participation of leading European Photonics clusters as well as SMEs and large industries in Finland;
- job location in office at Joensuu or remotely (could be discussed)
- expected to start the work in August 2020.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (both in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org till/before June 18th 2020.