Dispelix Oy is looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated principal optical engineer to develop modelling tools for complex diffractive optical elements used in next generation see-through displays.
The successful candidate should have a solid background in diffractive optics, ray tracing, problem solving, numerical optimization, and programming with C++ and Matlab. The basic knowledge of geometrical optics, illumination optics and light polarization control is also required. You should have ability to independently develop algorithms and tools to solve large scale optimization problems. You will collaborate with other designers and engineers to advance diffractive see-through display systems.
• Develop and implement new optimization tools for optical systems with both geometric and diffractive optical characteristics.
• Design and optimize optical grating structures.
• Research and develop new optical solutions for next generation see-through displays.
• Provide support for in-house and external prototyping and manufacturing efforts
• Work with technicians and other engineers to integrate relevant theory, compile requirements and coordinate design reviews.
• M.Sc. or PhD degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline.
• 6+ years of experience in diffractive optics design and optimization
• 6+ years of experience in programming with C++ and Matlab
• Ability to independently solve complex numerical problems
• Familiarity with parallel computing using MPI
• Good knowledge of optics including illumination, imaging, physical and geometrical optics, polarization control, coherence, and colorimetry.
• Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work cross-functionally with the team
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 15%)
For further information, you may call us at +358 40 775 7840.