- This event has passed.
Forest&Photonics 2020 Webinar
December 1, 2020 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm EET
Forest&Photonics is a unique event that brings together the forest and technology experts to network, collaborate and share their challenges, opportunities and solutions.
For 2020 Forest&Photonics will be organised as a half day webinar and will be a starting point for a series of a pre-events / webinars which are focusing for Forest&Photonics 2021 that will be arranged in beautiful landscape of Koli National Park, Finland once again.
In our webinar we will be focusing on Digital Forestry Business: Managing the biotic forest damages.
Biotic forest damages are an emerging problem in boreal forests. Global warming is increasing the expansion of bark beetle outbreaks across Europe and globally, destroying tens of thousands of square kilometers of woodlands. This affects to the whole timber industry leading to vast damages and causing serious disturbances to timber markets in whole Europe.
PROGRAM – TUESDAY 1st DECEMBER 2020
Starting at 14:00 EET (Helsinki), 13:00 CET (Berlin, Barcelona, Bilbao), 04:00 Vancouver 07:00 Detroit, Toronto, 9:00 Montevideo, 21:00 Tokio
14:00 Opening Forest&Photonics 2020 webinar
14:10 Biotic forest damages – A growing threat for forestry and forest industry
- KEYNOTE: CASE Spruce Bark Beetle Damages in Germany / Ralf Petercord, Ministry for Environment, Agriculture, Conservation and Consumer Protection of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (MULNV)
- KEYNOTE: CASE Fungi epidemic for Pinus radiata in Basque country / Oskar Azkarate, Director, BaskEgur
- KEYNOTE: Climate change threats to forest survival from drought, heat and pests. / Dr. Henrik Hartmann, Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry
15:05 Short break
15:10 A step back – Insect damages often start from wind damages
- Climate modeling and satellite data analysis for identifying potential bark beetle areas caused by wind damages / Hilppa Gregow, Finnish Meteorological Institute
15:25 Bugs at sight – identifying insect attack using remote sensing
- Bark beetle risk analysis and modeling of epidemic development / Päivi Lyytikäinen-Saarenmaa, University of Helsinki, Department of Forest Sciences
- Experiences on detecting bark beetle damages from dead trees to “Green Attack” / Eija Honkavaara, National Land Survey of Finland
- Drones and satellites for forest health monitoring in Finland and forecasting cross-border outbreaks / Eugene Lopatin, LUKE – Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Multispectral and hyperspectral cameras for collection of precision data from forests / Matti Rautiainen, Senop Ltd.
- CASE Sweden: Real-time analysis and machine learning for transforming early detection tree data into operational information / Jacob Hjalmarsson, CTO, Arboair Ltd
- Machine learning and real time analyze for hyperspectral detection of biological issues / Pasi Karppinen, CTO, ProtoRhino Ltd
17:00 Summary and conclusion of the Forest&Photonics 2020 webinar – Next Steps
17:10 The End.
Business Joensuu Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to the program.
@forestphotonics @BusinessJoensuu @PhotonicsFin @flagshipprein #FP20
Business Joensuu Oy I Photonics Finland
Forest&Photonics webinar is for forest sector and technology companies, researchers, business developers and specialists. We invite you to join the discussion with other passionate professionals from forest & technology fields.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358 50 354 3832.