- This event has passed.
Optics & Photonics in Sweden (OPS) 2022
October 4, 2022 @ 2:00 pm – October 7, 2022 @ 3:00 pm EEST
OPS-2022 Registration for Optics & Photonics in Sweden 2022 at Umeå University 4-7 October
See the latest program HERE
- The conference have parallell sessions, one for Academic presentations and one for Industrial applications.
- We also encourage people from industry and decisson makers from the nordic regions to come and participate and see what’s possible to achieve with photonics.
- Smarter Electronic Systems will present the status of the European Chips Act at Nordic Photonics Forum
- Business Sweden support for SME’s international growth
- Adopticum and Smarter Electronic Systems will present possible funding programs
- PhotonicSweden and RISE will present Innovation support offered by EU-project PhotonHUB
- Currently there are 20 exhibitors showing their products at the conference
- There will also be a poster session
- There will be Lab visits to both the Ljungberg Lab at SLU and the Physics department
- Laserlab Sweden present PhD student works including CARLA Camp Capsule promoting photonics
Please register here before 2022-09-25:
Application for student free admission: https://photonicsweden.org/wp-content/uploads/Apply-for-student-free-admission-to-Optics-Photonics-2022.pdf
Up to 10 students in a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree program can apply for free admission for OPS-2022, which is sponsored by ThorLabs Sweden AB.
Please check our webpage for updates: https://photonicsweden.org/optics-photonics-in-sweden-2022/
Preliminary Agenda: See more detailed information and the updated program here
2022-10-04 Day 1: Tuesday
14:00-18:00 Nordic Photonics Forum meeting arranged with Smarter Electronic Systems
18:00-19:00 Networking with drinks and finger food
2022-10-05 Day 2: Wednesday09:00-10:00 On-site registration
10:00-12:20 Keynote Talk & Exhibitor Presentations
12:20-14:00 Lunch & Poster Session & Exhibition
14:00-16:20 Conference talks
18:00-19:00 Poster Session & Exhibition
19:00-22:00 Conference dinner
2022-10-06 Day 3: Thursday09:00-10:20 Conference talks
10:20-10:40 Coffee Break
10:40-11:40 Conference talks
11:40-14:00 Lunch & Poster Session & Exhibition
14:00-14:45 Keynote Talk
14:45-15:25 PhotonicSweden Awards & Poster Prize
15:30-17:30 Lab visits
2022-10-07 Day 4: Friday
08:30-14:45 Laserlab Sweden Day including CARLA Camp Capsule for university students!08:30-08:40 Introduction to Laserlab Sweden
08:40-09:40 Presentation of the Gothenburg node
09:50-10:50 Presentation of the Lund node
11:00-12:00 Presentation of the Umeå node
13:00-14:30 Presentation of the Stockholm/Uppsala nodes
14:30-14:45 Wrapping up!
Each node presentation will comprise a description of the node (15 minutes), followed by 2 – 3 presentations (15 – 30 minutes each) by node participants
The participation fee is:
=> SEK 3,300+VAT for non-members
=> SEK 2,600+VAT for members of PS or EOS
=> SEK 1,500+VAT for students and pensioners who are members of PS or EOS
=> SEK 1,500+VAT for invited speakers
In addition to the conference, the participation fee also includes lunches, coffee and conference dinner on 5/10.
Address: Umeå University, 901 87 Umeå, Sweden
PhotonicSweden has reserved 20 double rooms and 40 single rooms at Hotel Björken, which is close to the venue.
- Special price for single room SEK 750 per room and night
- Special price for double room SEK 1150 per room and night
- The accommodation price includes breakfast.
- The parking cost is SEK 80 per day.
- Enter the code “PhotonicSweden 2022” when booking to get the special price.
- Rooms not booked 3 weeks before arrival are automatically canceled.
Visiting address: Lasarettsbacken 10
Postal address: Box 7986907 19 Umeå, Sweden
Phone: +46 90 10 87 00