- This event has passed.
Photonics Meets Quantum Tech
October 4 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm EEST
This event will bring together leading experts, researchers, and professionals from the fields of Photonics and Quantum technology to share their insights, experiences, knowledge, and exchange ideas. The event will provide a platform for networking, discussing current trends, and exploring potential collaboration opportunities.
We will cover a range of topics, including introductions of the Photonics and Quantum tech ecosystems and the technologies, presentations from Finnish key players in the Qhotonics and Quantum technology, as well as a panel discussion about how Photonics and Quantum tech should interact in Finland.
We believe that this event will be of great interest to you and your organization, and we look forward to your attendance. Please register here to secure one of the only 70 available seats! Registration is mandatory.
We look forward to seeing you at the event.
12.00 Welcome and Ecosystems Intro
– Photonics / Juha Purmonen, Executive Director, Photonics Finland
– Quantum Tech / Ville Kotovirta, BusinessQ coodinator, Research team leader in Quantum computing at VTT, BusinessQ
12.15 Opening key note – What is done in Photonics in Finland and how does it link to quantum tech?, Robert Fickler, Academy Research Fellow, Tampere university (PREIN flagship)
12.35 Opening key note – What is done in quantum tech in Finland and how does it link to Photonics?, Antti Kemppinen, VTT, Senior Scientist
13.15 Finnish Quantum Communication
Sami Lehtonen, Senior Scientist, VTT
13.35 Lasers in quantum, Kalle Palomäki, Modulight Plc.
13.55 Break + coffee
14.30 Panel discussion: How should Photonics and Quantum Tech interact in Finland?
How can the co-existance of Photonics and Quantum Tech solve new challenges and enable industry growth?
Moderator: Kari Rönkä – VTT, VP, Sensing solutions
* Jussi-Pekka Penttinen, Vexlum, CEO, CTO & Co-founder
* Jöns Tuomaranta, Business Finland, Ecosystem Lead, Connectivity & Digitalization
* Himadri Majumbar, SemiQon, CEO & Co-founder
* Jyrki Saarinen, UEF/Center for Photonics Sciences, Professor/Head of the Center for Photonics Sciences
15.30 Closing Words and Call for Action
16.00 End of Event
Please register here to secure one of the only 70 available seats!